shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Frames/cookies question

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Frames/cookies question

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Frames/cookies question
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:16:47 -0500

Scott Cantor wrote on 2009-12-07:
> A clean FF on Windows works, so I need to go back and do some additional

False alarm. What works is FF with third party cookies, and that happens to
be the default. It's nothing to do with any plugins, I used a fresh install
with none added, but did have to change the privacy settings to break it.

You all can have a debate about whether that matters or not, I suppose, but
all I was after is factual data, not answering the larger questions.

Another interesting point is that Safari on Windows has different behavior
than FF in that it will *send* pre-existing third party cookies to a site but
not change them. So you can get logout to work because it will send the SP
session cookie that's set outside the frame, but the SP can't actually clear
the cookie during the logout.

I will put a page together somewhere that starts to document this stuff in a
matrix because it's a mess.

Adam, I appreciate you tweaking the demo, it filled in some gaps for me.