shibboleth-dev - Managing AttributeFilterPolicy in IdP 2.1

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Managing AttributeFilterPolicy in IdP 2.1

  • From: "Mahabalagiri, Datta" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Managing AttributeFilterPolicy in IdP 2.1
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:27:20 -0800

Hi,

How are people managing AttributeFilterPolicy in IdP 2.x? At UCLA we will have to manage the policy for potentially hundreds of SPs. Our policy dictates that we release attributes only upon approval from data stewards. This creates different sets of policies for different SPs. Manual editing is the last option for us. I am looking for an administrator tool to centrally manage the release policy for SPs. I am curious how Idp admins have dealt with this.

Also we will run at least two idp instances for load balancing and failover. Syncing AFP across idp instances is again an issue. I am thinking we can maintain the AFP in a central storage (database, network etc.) and then push it out to individual instances, and reload the afp periodically.

Welcome your suggestions.

Thanks,

Datta Mahabalagiri