shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shibboleth-Announce] Shibboleth 2.0 SP Release Candidate 1

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shibboleth-Announce] Shibboleth 2.0 SP Release Candidate 1

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shibboleth-Announce] Shibboleth 2.0 SP Release Candidate 1
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:19:40 -0500

> We've been thinking in terms of phoning up the contact and confirming
> the certificate fingerprint with them.

FWIW, I do this with the CSR now, when I issue certificates (I just use a
hash), but that's what I would move to once I stop issuing them. But that's
because I don't have a web interface.

I maintain that the ACS location is a much bigger deal. If you don't care
about that (beyond just accepting what they give you if it looks sane), I
don't see why the cert matters.