shibboleth-dev - RE: Shib 2.0 SP RC1 and IIS?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shib 2.0 SP RC1 and IIS?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Shib 2.0 SP RC1 and IIS?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:40:42 -0500

> I am trying to deploy the Shibboleth 2.0 SP RC1 with IIS (on Windows 2003
> server), and I seem to be hitting a strange brick wall. I have IIS setup
> and running. I can hit some simple test pages, but I don't have any real
> applications running. As soon as I install Shibboleth 2.0 SP RC1, IIS
> fails.

Permissions.

> I see no errors in the Shibboleth logfiles, so I am unsure how to
> debug the issue.

If it can't run, there can't be a log file. Makes it impossible to debug.
There's nothing I can do to fix that. If Windows auditing actually worked,
that would help identify what resource is blocked, but it doesn't ever tell
me anything.

> Any clues as how to debug this?

Prayer. You start by a lot of double checking of accounts and rights. IIS
uses at least 2-3 different accounts at various times depending on setup.