shibboleth-dev - RE: shibd 1.3 linux memory usage

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: shibd 1.3 linux memory usage

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: shibd 1.3 linux memory usage
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 14:28:58 -0500

> That's true, but I assumed the person that wrote that code knew enough to
> clean up if it wasn't automatic. But I admit I can't find any code path so
> far that would do that.

Ok, I found it. It's in svc.c (of the non-Linux version):

Inside svc_getreqset:

call_done:
if ((stat = SVC_STAT(xprt)) == XPRT_DIED){
SVC_DESTROY(xprt);
break;
}

The trick, then, is figuring out when that code gets called and when it
doesn't, and I probably got it wrong. But the problem is how to tell without
double freeing.

Just blindly calling svc_destroy in the child thread destructor is not going
to work, is my point. I'm not sure I know what would. I can't keep the
library from doing its own cleanup, and if I don't know when it does that...