shibboleth-dev - RE: shib2: module conflicts?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: shib2: module conflicts?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: shib2: module conflicts?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:13:00 -0400

> Replacing the cleanup register statement with
>
> apr_pool_cleanup_register(p, NULL,
> &shib_exit,
> apr_pool_cleanup_null);
>

> appears to fix the problem.

Thanks! What about Apache 1.3 though? My recollection is that I did cleanup
in the child_exit hook because there isn't any generic exit hook.

I can test it on Solaris or something, worst case I guess I could leave it
unterminated, but I don't like that much.

> p.s. I still think cgid is the way to go.

There's a bias against it from what I can tell, I just assumed it was the
same reason people still use prefork, paranoia.

The bigger problem is that it's not the default, at least on Red Hat, and
the default socket location is sitting in /var/log/httpd where it won't work
until you change the permissions, much like our log file.