shibboleth-dev - Re: Location of SP Session Cache

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Location of SP Session Cache

  • From: André Cruz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Location of SP Session Cache
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:45:06 +0100

On 2007/06/07, at 17:19, Scott Cantor wrote:

> The remote termination of the SP session is enough for me at least. That was my
biggest problem with the custom logout mechanism used here with 1.3.

You know there's a hook in 1.3 to terminate the SP session, right? It's at /Logout by default. It doesn't involve the IdP, but it clears the SP.

I meant something that can be called using a remote back-channel request from the IDP when a logout occurs. The idea is when a user reaches the logout page at the IdP it starts a background process to clean all the user sessions in the various applications. Right now we can clean the application sessions but the SP session remains..

André