shibboleth-dev - Re: Location of SP Session Cache

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Location of SP Session Cache

  • From: André Cruz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Location of SP Session Cache
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:13:21 +0100

On 2007/06/07, at 16:40, Scott Cantor wrote:

I understand that in these cases back-channel requests won't work but that's life. I don't think this is the normal case, normally the attributes that the application received allow the identification of the user if these attributes are sent on the back-channel request for the logout.

I suppose, but I'm not planning to try this yet. If somebody else wants to, they can write a logout service handler with the features they want. It definitely won't be in 2.0. Maybe later.

So what can we expect for 2.0, just front-channel requests? The remote termination of the SP session is enough for me at least. That was my biggest problem with the custom logout mechanism used here with 1.3. We can deal with the application sessions ourselves since they all have remote logout endpoints and they all use the same ID for the users. The only drawback is that we invoke this mechanism on all our applications regardless of the user having logged in them or not...

Thanks for the answers.
André