shibboleth-dev - Re: Location of SP Session Cache

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Location of SP Session Cache

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Location of SP Session Cache
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 12:19:06 -0400

André Cruz wrote:
So what can we expect for 2.0, just front-channel requests?

No, I'm doing back channel, but I'm not going to try and make that work right now if I have to define a whole other protocol just to satisfy the applications. Redirecting to the app on the wrong-channel is fine, that's expected, but on the back-channel, that just seems unreasonable.

If the commercial products support it, then I'll revisit it, or somebody else can. It's not that hard to write an handler in 2.0, they're rather simple.

> The remote termination of the SP session is enough for me at least. That was my
biggest problem with the custom logout mechanism used here with 1.3.

You know there's a hook in 1.3 to terminate the SP session, right? It's at /Logout by default. It doesn't involve the IdP, but it clears the SP.