shibboleth-dev - RE: some questions about Shib source code

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: some questions about Shib source code

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: some questions about Shib source code
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:34:01 -0400

> As you mentioned, I am reading the old version of OpenSAML. What I read
> now is java-opensaml1 in Shibboleth CVS (Which is also used in the
> GridShib source code). Do I need to read the java-opensaml2 package? Is
> that the new one?

I'm just telling you that most of that Java code was barely even used in
Shibboleth itself, so asking who uses it or how is kind of a waste of time;
nobody really did. Only the basic SAML object classes ever got used.

All the SOAP client code in the SP, on the other hand, does use the C++ SOAP
classes as I intended, which is why I say it's more mature. There's very
little code there I didn't exercise.

The opensaml2 packages are still changing constantly, and they are not yet
suitable for anything but experimentation.