shibboleth-dev - RE: Shibboleth SP with multiple web servers

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shibboleth SP with multiple web servers

  • From: "Ian J. Brooks" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Shibboleth SP with multiple web servers
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:28:21 -0000

Scott,

As the whole site is protected we only require it to run the shib check
once. But unfortunately because the SP is behind a load balancing
firewall the communication gets bounced between the 2 (or more) SP's and
they get very confused. I may have to see if I can get the firewall only
to change servers if the first one is dead.

-Ian Brooks
Systems Administrator, SCRAN

http://www.scran.ac.uk/
This message is in confidence to the addressee only.
It may contain legally privileged information.
The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee.
If you receive it in error, please let the sender know.
SCRAN staff are not authorised to enter into any contracts on behalf of
the company by internet e-mail.