shibboleth-dev - Shibboleth SP with multiple web servers

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Shibboleth SP with multiple web servers

  • From: "Ian J. Brooks" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Shibboleth SP with multiple web servers
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:06:17 -0000

Hi,

What do I need to configure to allow 2 web servers to work with
shibboleth? I'm guessing I need some kind of shared cache or state
database but I'm not sure what to configure for this.

If I use 1 server at a time shibboleth works fine and I get a
REMOTE_USER variable
If I set up both servers to work I get all the HTTP_SHIB_ environment
variables but not REMOTE_USER

-Ian Brooks
Systems Administrator, SCRAN

http://www.scran.ac.uk/
This message is in confidence to the addressee only.
It may contain legally privileged information.
The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee.
If you receive it in error, please let the sender know.
SCRAN staff are not authorised to enter into any contracts on behalf of
the company by internet e-mail.