shibboleth-dev - Re: Browser/POST issue

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Browser/POST issue

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: Browser/POST issue
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 00:25:04 -0400

wrote:
Scott,

For now can you help setup the following request.

I don't handle InQueue metadata changes. If you need something changed, just send a message to inqueue-support.

Basically we are looking for AssertionConsumerService to point to
> custom URL of pattern *.do instead of SAML/POST.

You need to tell that support list what you want the ACS to be. No patterns, we need a URL. It doesn't matter what it is. Whatever you need it to be is fine. But it cannot be a pattern, that isn't how SAML metadata is defined.

And as long as you understand that you're *not* using the Shibboleth software here, then we're on the same page. If you think you are, we're still not communicating properly on this question. There is no reason you would need to do this change if you are using mod_shib, and it wouldn't buy you anything to do it.

What Daniel described to me makes perfect sense, but only if mod_shib is not being used. If this isn't clear, let me know and I will try and explain again why this is the case.