shibboleth-dev - RE: Browser/POST issue

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Browser/POST issue

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Browser/POST issue
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:27:19 -0400

> While registering with inqueue, the Assertion consumer URL
> by default seems to be made by appending
> /shibboleth.sso/SAML/POST, is it possible to register a
> custom URL like http://idp.example.org/auth/authetication.do.
> This will help us integrate with existing authentication module.

It's possible, but I can't imagine the circumstance where this would make
sense to do. Nothing you described would explain that. The goal is to let
the software handle it, and then protect a resource. The resource can be one
page, your authentication servlet.

If that's not sufficient, let me know and I can explain how to try it.