shibboleth-dev - RE: Browser/POST issue

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Browser/POST issue

  • From: <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Browser/POST issue
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:40:49 -0400

The authentication sevlet supports multiple authentication modes and
shibboleth is one of them.
For example:
http://find.gale.com/auth/authentication.do?usergroupname=shib

In this case based on the authentication profile setup for usergroupname the
servlet will decide how to authenticate him. shibboleth may be one of the
mode. So by protecting the servlet , it will prompt shibboleth for every user
which we don't need.

Johnson