shibboleth-dev - Shibboleth 1.3 ARP Rule Constraint patch

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Shibboleth 1.3 ARP Rule Constraint patch

  • From: Brendan Bellina <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Shibboleth 1.3 ARP Rule Constraint patch
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:57:32 -0700

USC has completed development and testing of a patch for Shibboleth 1.3 that allows ARP's to be constrained by user attributes. The intent is to allow Identity Providers to constrain the unneeded or undesired release of attributes to service providers. A white paper describing what we have named "Rule Constraints" and the patch code is available at the website <http://isd.usc.edu/~bbellina/gds/ software/shibboleth/>. Will Norris, who authored the patch, will be attending the Shib WG session at the upcoming I2 Member Meeting and will be available to answer any questions. We hope that this will prove to be a useful offering to the Shibboleth community and welcome any feedback.

Regards,

Brendan Bellina

On Apr 10, 2006, at 9:31 AM,

wrote:

We are actively looking into enhancing the ARP Resolver to allow a release constaint to be defined in the ARP. We intend to use it primarily with edupersonEntitlement but it should work for any attribute. We hope to have something to announce (or at the least discuss specifically) by the I2 Member meeting.

Regards,

Brendan Bellina
USC