shibboleth-dev - Re: Shibboleth 1.3 ARP Rule Constraint patch

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shibboleth 1.3 ARP Rule Constraint patch

  • From: Will Norris <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Shibboleth 1.3 ARP Rule Constraint patch
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:40:09 -0400

On Apr 25, 2006, at 3:46 PM, Walter Hoehn wrote:

Great! I think a little more is required, though. Note that you need these dependencies even if the attribute requirements are specified by the SP. In this case, listPossibleReleaseAttributes() isn't called, if I'm remembering correctly.

okay, so this was a little trickier. I reversed the changes I made to listPossibleReleaseAttributes() and added a new function...

/**
* given an attribute request and a set of attributes that are planned to be
* resolved (either those specified in the request or the result of
* listPossibleReleaseAttributes()), determine what attributes may need to
* be resolved in order to properly evaluate any applicable constraints.
*/
public URI[] listRequiredConstraintAttributes(Principal principal, String requester, URL resource, URI[] attributeNames)

This is then called from IdPProtocolSupport and the resulting attributes are added to the set that gets sent off to the resolver. I dug around a bit and this seemed like the best place to put it, but I'd like to hear other's thoughts. I've also added a couple of new blackbox tests to test this both with and without attribute designators.

I just sent the new code to Brendan, so it should be online whenever he has a chance to upload it to his webspace tomorrow morning. It will be labeled "arp-constraint-03"
[http://isd.usc.edu/~bbellina/gds/software/shibboleth/]

-will