shibboleth-dev - Re: SAML name identifiers

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: SAML name identifiers

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML name identifiers
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:22:59 -0600

On a humorous side note, I found this out by accident several weeks ago. My IdP issued an assertion containing both of the following snippets:

<Subject>
<NameIdentifier Format="urn:mace:memphis.edu:IDM:SSO:attributes:uuid" NameQualifier="urn:mace:memphis.edu:IDM:SSO:IdP">wassa</NameIdentifier>
</Subject>

<Attribute AttributeName="urn:mace:memphis.edu:IDM:SSO:attributes:uuid" AttributeNamespace="urn:mace:shibboleth:1.0:attributeNamespace:uri">
<AttributeValue>wassa</AttributeValue>
</Attribute>

After my eyes uncrossed, I realized why I had "wassa; wassa" shoved into my header.

-Walter