shibboleth-dev - Re: signed assertions

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: signed assertions

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: signed assertions
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:53:56 +0000

Scott Cantor wrote:

rpm -q opensaml says opensaml-1.1-5, I'm afraid. On the other hand, that machine hasn't been rebooted for two months, I suppose there is a slim possibility that I am actually seeing a prior version of the library.

I was also unable to locate any relevant changes in cvs. I think there's a
bug, but it's of the random variety. Restarting things seems to have caused
the header to appear in the only case it wasn't, and since then it keeps
showing up.

I think it's related to the warning you saw showing up for no reason.
Something's not right, but I'll be surprised if I find anything before 2.0
changes all the code anyway.

I restarted that machine, and as feared I now see both kinds of targeted ID appearing in their respective places on the test SP.

I think you're right... something wrong, but really hard to figure out exactly what. I'll let you know if I notice a recurrence.

-- Ian