shibboleth-dev - Re: extension unit testing

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: extension unit testing

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: extension unit testing
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:53:40 -0400

Tom Scavo wrote:
On 8/26/05, Chad La Joie

I'd like to see you create a script that I can run at any point to test
the things you outlined. That way I can make a change however long
after I've done the install and re-run the test to make sure my less
than nimble fingers didn't typo something.

Sure. Development tasks like this are handled in a custom build.xml
script not distributed with the base GridShib distribution (like we
talked about before). This ant script runs tasks in
extension-build.xml.

No, I'm talking about a post-installation test that I can run after I make config changes to make sure I have totally messed something up. Which, it sounds like, isn't what you're talking about. So, this was just a misunderstanding on my part.

So what you could do is create such a script and place it in the
gridshib/bin directory of your source tree. Then just have that script
invoke the post-deployment test classes.

Like the command-line tools currently distributed in bin? Okay, but I
was thinking an ant script would be better since I need to invoke
tasks in extension-build.xml.

Why would you need to call in to extension-build.xml. I just want a tool that checks stuff after things are installed everything in that build file happens before installation.

--
Chad La Joie 315Q St. Mary's Hall
Project Sentinel 202.687.0124