shibboleth-dev - Re: class loading order

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: class loading order

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: class loading order
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:09:01 -0400

Tom Scavo wrote:
Also, if you changed the file name (and thus change the class name) why
is the test even looking for the old class? Am I misunderstanding what
you're doing?

The test looks for an old class that DOES exist, which itself looks
for a class that DOES NOT exist, which of course causes the test to
fail.

I'm not sure why you're resisting, Chad :-) but putting JAR files on
the classpath before unpacked class files will most likely continue to
be a source of problems.

The only jar files that appear on the classpath before the unpacked classes are third party jars like Jakarta Commons stuff, Xerces, OpenSAML etc. JARs with IdP code and extension code do not appear on the classpath.

I'm not being recalcitrant just to be a jerk but I'm also not going to make a change without understanding the actual problem and the how the fix for that problem might affect everything else.
--
Chad La Joie 315Q St. Mary's Hall
Project Sentinel 202.687.0124