shibboleth-dev - Re: TargetedID Durability

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: TargetedID Durability

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: TargetedID Durability
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:37:35 -0400

Alistair Young wrote:
if they are trying to access personal information at the SP.

I'm curious. Why would a user have personal information stored outwith
their IdP? Is it personal information in the sense that they created it,
say an ePortfolio or something, or personal information in the sense of
attributes, i.e. name/address etc?

Why would an IdP store every piece of information that an SP cares about? That's unlikely.

Why wouldn't Amazon store my sales history with them? That's personal information, but it certainly doesn't belong at my IdP.