shibboleth-dev - Re: [tf-emc2] SAML 2.0 vs SAML 1.1 - AuthZ use case

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [tf-emc2] SAML 2.0 vs SAML 1.1 - AuthZ use case

  • From:
  • To: , Shibboleth Dev Team <>
  • Subject: Re: [tf-emc2] SAML 2.0 vs SAML 1.1 - AuthZ use case
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:40:00 -0500

At 2:50 PM +0100 1/14/05, Yuri Demchenko wrote:
Hi Bob,

Useful information and interesting offer.

We will be interested to cooperate on adding AuthZ features to
opensaml (on the base of saml 2.0 which better fits in specific
AuthZ procedures) and providing some use case examples.

thanks for the offer of help.

There is also interest to integrate Shib into Grid/EGEE site access
control and AuthZ framework/infrastructure as an Attribute Authority.

as you probably know, the US NSF recently funded a Grid+shib integration project. A GridShib profile was posted yesterday to the shib-dev mailing list, and is already generating discussion. Anyone interested in participating in this discussion is welcome to join the shib-dev mailing list. Info about the list is available here: