shibboleth-dev - RE: [lewisnic@internet2.edu: Re: Internet2 Ann Arbor network outage Thursday 12/30 8:00 EST - 8:15 EST]

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [: Re: Internet2 Ann Arbor network outage Thursday 12/30 8:00 EST - 8:15 EST]

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Dan Pritts'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: [: Re: Internet2 Ann Arbor network outage Thursday 12/30 8:00 EST - 8:15 EST]
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:30:04 -0500

> I'd like to patch it sooner rather than later, maybe this weekend?

Sure.

> the machine was kind of off my radar and i didn't realize how badly it
> was out of date until i checked on it the other day.

You should look at shib1 and shib2 as well, both are mostly unused at this
point since I do most of my own testing now, but if they stay up, they need
patching, I'm sure.

I have resisted the urge to take on this responsibility.

> i'd like to move it to red hat ES longer term.

I think that would make sense for all three boxes. Now that we don't ship
binaries for Red Hat (except the Fedora RPMs), we have more freedom to stay
current.