shibboleth-dev - RE: FINAL CALL -- design of web based ARP Mgmt GUI

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: FINAL CALL -- design of web based ARP Mgmt GUI

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Thomas Lenggenhager' <>,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: FINAL CALL -- design of web based ARP Mgmt GUI
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:09:22 -0400

> From where will the ARP Mgmt tool get the config required?
>
> The target has currently to define e.g its Apache access rules, its AAP,
> the providerID etc. It has to pass part of that config info to the
> federation for inclusion into sites.xml.
> Missing is a central collection of attributes required for each target
> that it can make the authorization decision. That info is required to
> be anble to generate appropriate ARPs for each target.
>
> Do you plan to define an XML schema for that transfer of config from
> target to federation?

I'm hoping at least in the short term that SAML 2.0 metadata will be
sufficient for the common cases so we can avoid inventing right off the bat.
The issue of the slippery slope between attribute requirements and access
policy has already come up.

The need to support this requirement is one reason why I had thought to move
the metadata format off of the dumb one I defined in the 1.3 release rather
than wait for 2.0.