shibboleth-dev - origin deploy guide.... DUH....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

origin deploy guide.... DUH....

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: origin deploy guide.... DUH....
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:12:19 -0400

Section 3 lists this as the required software:

? Apache 1.3.26+ (<2.0)
? Tomcat 4.1.18-24 LE Java server and above
? Sun J2SE JDK v1.4.1_01 and above

Other versions of the JRE are not supported and are known to cause errors when working with certificates.
? mod_jk or mod_jk2

You may need to build mod_jk against Apache, which will generally require GCC or a platform-specific C compiler.

on the target side, under apache, we have this additional text:

Apache 1.3.x must be compiled with mod_so for DSO module support, and should include SSL support (preferably using mod_ssl), and EAPI support (which mod_ssl requires and provides).

we seem to assume that people will know that mod_ssl will require openssl.....

  • origin deploy guide.... DUH...., Steven_Carmody, 06/10/2004