shibboleth-dev - IQ WAYF in the wider world.....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

IQ WAYF in the wider world.....

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: IQ WAYF in the wider world.....
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:53:04 -0400

Elseveir has now gone live with a shib-enabled front door....

If I connect to http://www.sciencedirect.com/ from my desk on the brown campus, and look in the upper right hand corner of the screen, I see an IMG saying "Brown University Library", or some such.

However, if I connect from home, I see a different screen... the upper right hand corner contains two links -- one labelled "Athens Login", the other labelled "InQueue Login".

Apparently, if you sit at your desk at a UK-based univ, you see the latter screen...

If you click on the IQ Login link (intentionally OR accidently), you arrive at the IQ WAYF... which conveniently says (at the bottom of the screen)

Need assistance? Send mail to with description.

Earlier this week... someone from the Univ of Manchester clicked the wrong link... didn't find their school in the PopUp list, and then sent email to inqueue-support....

I guess we have to rethink the text on the IQ WAYF page....