shibboleth-dev - Re: origin build

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: origin build

  • From:
  • To: Shibboleth Design Team <>
  • Subject: Re: origin build
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:02:40 -0400

At 9:46 PM -0700 5/29/03, RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:
I did a test with a HS server cert issued directly by a root CA (our UW
CA, https://www.washington.edu/computing/ca/), and (after putting the CA
into trust.xml along with all the other CAs verifying the incommon:pilot
group) got a different failure:

SHIRE failure at (https://perq.cac.washington.edu/shibboleth/SHIRE)

Exception: cryptographic check failed: SAMLSignedObject::verify() caught
an XMLSec crypto exception

FWIW, one of the "shot in the dark" things that Walter and I tried yesterday was to create an entry for my origin in the trust.xml file, BUT to put the cert for the bossie Master CA in that entry. (The outlandish hope here was that this corresponded to the signature on the cert being supplied by my origin -- yea, we were certainly reaching on this one). Unfortunately, this resulted in the same message text described above, in Bob's text. The good news, tho, was that this message actually made sense for what I'd done.

As noted previously, when I put the cert for my origin into the trust file entry for that machine, everything worked fine.