shibboleth-dev - Re: origin build

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: origin build

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Shibboleth Design Team <>
  • Subject: Re: origin build
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:15:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 29 May 2003

wrote:

> With a LOT of help from Walter, I added a new KeyAuthority element to
> my sites.xml file. I basically copied the existing entry for shib2,
> and made a new explicit entry for my origin host.
>
> After restarting the SHAR, I was able to successfully use my origin......

Yup, worked the same way for me.

> so, the problem would seem to be with cert chain validation on the
> target side.....

The error line from shar.log (new_session validate getX509Store: error
code: 185057381 in x509_lu.c, line 336) points to something in openssl's
X509_STORE_add_cert(), which is called from shib's XMLTrust.cpp. So
something going wrong in adding certs to the certstore ...

- RL "Bob"