shibboleth-dev - Re: origin build

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: origin build

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Steven Carmody <>
  • Cc: Shibboleth Design Team <>
  • Subject: Re: origin build
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 08:56:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 29 May 2003

wrote:

> downloaded the new build this morning.... and I'm just seeing
> weirdness.... all suggestions welcome.....
>
> I'm using tomcat 4.1.18 LE -- same as before.....
>
> I'm getting
>
> Internal Server Error
>
> in my browser window, after authenticating but before I see the
> POST/redirect screen....

It's normal (unfortunately) to see this if you hit the HS before tomcat
has fully loaded everything up. But you still get this after tomcat has
been running for a while?

> two unusual occurrences:
>
> 1) first time I ran the new origin, the HS stopped, and the
> catalina logfiles noted that I hadn't defined
>
> edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.hs.HandleServlet.siteName
>
> which I couldn't find in the sample file, or in the doc... weird...
>
> I set this to brown.edu, and things went better.... or at least
> seemed to go further...

Eh, I wonder if you're mixing parts of the origin distributions? The
origin.properties file that comes with the dist of May 28 has:

# [Required] The name of this origin site (a URI)
#edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.hs.HandleServlet.siteName =
urn:mace:incommon:pilot:shibdev.edu

??

- RL "Bob"