shibboleth-dev - Re: origin build

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: origin build

  • From:
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: origin build
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:29:34 -0400

downloaded the new build this morning.... and I'm just seeing weirdness.... all suggestions welcome.....

I'm using tomcat 4.1.18 LE -- same as before.....

I'm getting

Internal Server Error

in my browser window, after authenticating but before I see the POST/redirect screen....

neither apache/error_log and catalina.out seems to shed any light...

I edited log4j.properties to turn on verbose logging, but still nothing....

tomcat:8080 is working fine.....

two unusual occurrences:

1) first time I ran the new origin, the HS stopped, and the catalina logfiles noted that I hadn't defined

edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.hs.HandleServlet.siteName

which I couldn't find in the sample file, or in the doc... weird...

I set this to brown.edu, and things went better.... or at least seemed to go further...

2) catalina.out contains this error message -- should I worry? this appears after I hit the HS....

ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans: MBeanException
java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:224)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleLi
stener.java:369)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleLi
stener.java:777)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleLi
stener.java:751)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleLi
stener.java:339)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(ServerLifecycle
Listener.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.jav
a:166)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2182)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java
:25)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)