shibboleth-dev - RE: trying beta-1 target, failing

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: trying beta-1 target, failing

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'RL 'Bob' Morgan' <>, 'Shibboleth Design Team' <>
  • Subject: RE: trying beta-1 target, failing
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:41:17 -0500

> Is there some reason other than not-getting-to-it not to give
> more detailed instructions for the startup commands below?

Partly it's that everybody's box seems to be different, but I guess
there's got to be some commonality.

> Also, as long as I'm complaining, the beta tarball contains
> 1.5M of shire.log file in /opt/shibboleth/etc/shibboleth, and
> also the shar.crt and shar.key from I guess an Internet2 box.

There's no automated mechanism being used to create the file, and my
Unix command shell ability is rated "imbecile", so I'm not spending much
time on it. I'll try moving those files out of opt on shib2 when I have
a chance. Currently that's the actual deploy of the beta on shib2.

Based on the crash and the log, and what PSU saw, I'm guessing you have
the same crash they did, which would make sense (stock 7.3).

Can you gdb it and get a stack trace?

It's looking like Derek's success on 7.3 with those binaries is not
reproducible. I can try the WebCT demo box and move it up to beta level
this weekend, and see how far I get. That's the only 7.3 box I have
here.