shibboleth-dev - RE: trying beta-1 target, failing

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: trying beta-1 target, failing

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'RL 'Bob' Morgan' <>, 'Shibboleth Design Team' <>
  • Subject: RE: trying beta-1 target, failing
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:28:28 -0500

> I modified /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd to look like:
>
> start() {
> echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/shibboleth/lib
> SHIBCONFIG=/opt/shibboleth/etc/shibboleth/shibboleth.ini
> daemon $httpd `moduleargs` $OPTIONS
> daemon /opt/shibboleth/bin/shar
> RETVAL=$?
> echo
> [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/httpd
> return $RETVAL
> }
>
> The first time it apparently couldn't find shibboleth.ini, so
> I added a symlink from /etc/shibboleth.ini to /opt/shib...

I could be wrong, but I normally have to export the variables I set if I
want the process I'm starting to use them. That might be the root of
both your problems, I don't know.

Anyway, when I did this on Linux using custom libxml versions, I just
set the path to /opt/shibboleth/lib alone and let it find /usr/lib stuff
by whatever means it finds that stuff if you don't specify it.

I think that insures that the path stuff gets used instead.