shibboleth-dev - RE: autoconf update

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: autoconf update

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'RL 'Bob' Morgan' <>
  • Cc: 'Shibboleth Implementation Team' <>
  • Subject: RE: autoconf update
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:24:44 -0400

> Um, um, um. If installation of gcc 3.x is non-trivial on the
> typical Linux installations people will be using, it seems
> like this at least has to be covered by the deployment guide.
> Or are we telling pilots we only support their running the
> statically-linked binaries we provide for them?

The pilots are presumably using the binaries, since the alpha code isn't
what we're really talking about here. You can build that from source
too, but we didn't really worry about documenting it.

Beyond that, we can try and document gcc and autoconf issues (talk about
a can of worms), but right now I think all we can do is maybe set up a
"Build issues" category in bugzilla so we can track them.