shibboleth-dev - Re: Next alpha

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Next alpha

  • From: Derek Atkins <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Next alpha
  • Date: 10 Aug 2002 17:10:46 -0400

Scott Cantor
<>
writes:

> > Is there something special that I'm going to have to do in my
> > SHIRE to duplicate this workaround?
>
> Yes, but it's pretty much just working on the browser interface to the
> various components, and probably won't have a short term affect on your
> design. The longer term implications are centered around adding more
> capabilities to some of the flows, particularly browser to HS, which
> would affect the SHIRE's redirect to WAYF/HS.

Ok, I guess I just need to figure out when to redirect, when to ignore
the error, and when to print out an error page.

> > My current implementation will cache per-resource; I just
> > need a way to map from URL->resource (I've got an API but
> > currently there is a 1:1 mapping of URL->resource, instead of
> > a many:1 mapping).
> >
> > This will improve when I tackle configuration issues.
>
> Yep, that's the easiest way to start for now.

Glad you agree. I already have a multi-attribute cache. I just
need to limit it to individual resources rather than every URL.

Just a "Simple Matter of Programming" :)

> -- Scott

-derek

Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)

PGP key available