shibboleth-dev - monday phone call

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

monday phone call

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: monday phone call
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:54:26 -0400

I'll be away next week, on vacation. I'd like to ask Scott to run the weekly call. It sounds like we're really close to finishing up 2.5. Here's the list of changes that I've been maintaining:

http://stc.cis.brown.edu/~stc/Projects/Shibboleth/Design/Versions.html

At this point, its probably not worth worrying about trying to get the source for the ARP GUI into the CVS tree before we split the tree.

The HS is now logging the usernames it maps to log4j, and I clarified
the page it generates to explain why not to click the button. The replay
attack is partly addressed in the SHIRE for now, and the thing should be
more robust with regard to this for the time being. We'll revisit later.

I've made most of the small fix-ups I had on my list, and I think all
the main AIs for 2.5 are done, so we should probably look at branching
early next week. If I have time I'll prepare new tarballs I can test out
this weekend.

As others have noted, this alpha will not interop with the last one
because of changes to the way the POSTed assertions are signed and
verified, but it also runs the signature part much quicker now. It's
virtually instantaneous, and the bottleneck is now the AA, and the poor
caching by the SHAR, which Derek will of course deal with with his
design.