shibboleth-dev - ARP management

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

ARP management

  • From: Parviz Dousti <>
  • To:
  • Subject: ARP management
  • Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 18:03:14 -0400

Running as: dousti ...

ARP: parviz
SHAR: shar.cmu.edu
AFFILS filter: staff, student, faculty, employee,

This is the out put of a utility I wrote to manage ARPs. The utility is called ArpUtil and can be found at /usr/local/shib/beta on shib2. It can add, remove and list ARPs. ARPs would be saved as files (for now as we agreed). It also do a reasonable amount of access control. There is a switch to the "list" command of this utility that shows the ACLs (not very pretty I might admit). Here is what the above ARP would look like with ACLs:

[dousti@shib2
beta]$ ./ArpUtil list parviz -acls
Running as: dousti ...

ARP: parviz
ACL: arpAcl{[+blk([INSERT]), +dousti([ALL])]}{[]}
SHAR: shar.cmu.edu
ACL: sharAcl{[+dousti([ALL])]}{[]}
ACL: resourceAcl{[+blk([ALL])]}{[]}
AFFILS filter: staff, student, faculty, employee,

There is also a "setAcl" command in this utility. It let you give others access to your ARP or parts of it.

Here is the usage out put of the utility:

Usage:
ArpUtil list <arp name> [-acls]
or
or
or

Please feel free to play with it and give me a feed back. Again it is on shib2 at /usr/local/shib/beta/ArpUtil.

Parviz