shibboleth-dev - colorado problem -- any thoughts?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

colorado problem -- any thoughts?

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: colorado problem -- any thoughts?
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 08:42:51 -0400

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 21:28:26 -0600 (MDT)
From: "Daniel R. Jones"

Subject: RE: quick update

Here is what I'm getting after the
pubcookie authN:

Shibboleth Handle Request
Request for Target URL:
http://80-search.epnet.com.p-p-f.dilbert2.cis.brown.edu:8080/shiblogin.asp?custid=s8986063
SHIRE URL:
http://dilbert2.cis.brown.edu:1080/shibdest/servlet/ShireServlet
Remote Address: 12.253.55.22
Authentication Type: UWNetID
ERROR: Unable to authenticate remote user

IE 6 also reports a script error

Line: 2
Char:1
Error: 'document.forms.0' is null o rnot an ojbect'
Code: 0

Thanks, - Dan

Here's (a way) into the colorado HS/pubcookie....

At 10:38 PM -0400 5/3/02,

wrote:
Here's a sample; go to:

http://middleware.internet2.edu/shibboleth/demos/

and you'll see a link under "Access to a Licensed Resource" labelled "University of Colorado". Look at the link... it points at a reverse proxy here at brown; it contains an EBSCO customer id for Colorado.

When you click on it, you get routed to the WAYF here at brown; I've added Colorado to my server, and mapped it to the alliance machine in the url above.

When I select Colorado as an origin, I get routed to your handle Server, and to the Colorado pubcookie page. I have to stop there (-:

Another thing to try -- on the demos page, find the link labelled "University of Colorado, direct to Colorado Handle Server", and click it. This will bypass the WAYF, and take you directly to your handle Server (and maybe the pubcookie page).