shibboleth-dev - Beta javadocs

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Beta javadocs

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shibboleth Design Team' <>
  • Subject: Beta javadocs
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 17:22:29 -0400

Since I've been giving a few people pointers to them anyway, kind of
dumb not to just point all the developers at them. ;-)

I refreshed the JavaDoc set off of the beta code and replaced the old
docs:

http://usfs2.us.ohio-state.edu/webdev/Shibboleth/java/docs/

This is all pretty firm, at least the OpenSAML stuff anyway. You'll see
the main differences, aside from comprehensiveness, are a change in
terminology to match SAML rather than our original "profile" of SAML,
and a new abstraction of the POST Profile that sits on top of the
messages and provides a vanilla implementation that is pretty much used
as is in Shib.

The new shibboleth package just contains some wrapper classes that sit
on top and handle some of the stuff that is "fixed" in Shibboleth but
not in SAML. The HS and SHIRE (until we rip out the Java) would
primarily use the ShibPOSTProfile rather than the SAMLPOSTProfile to
take advantage of that.

Note that there is no standard Java API to XML Signature yet (the JSR
seems to be stuck or something) so the OpenSAML API is currently defined
specifically for use with Apache XML-Security (as in that's all you can
use). Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to wrap most of the hard
parts.