shibboleth-dev - shib and pubcookie discussion

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

shib and pubcookie discussion

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Shibboleth Design Team <>
  • Subject: shib and pubcookie discussion
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 12:04:35 -0700 (PDT)

We're having a pubcookie developers meeting here at UW this Thursday and
Friday, and among other topics there will be discussion of the
relationship of pubcookie and shibboleth. This will (I hope) cover two
different aspects:

(1) Things the current pubcookie should do to support Shibboleth
features. We've talked a little about this but the details aren't clear
to me. More generally what should any webiso do to work well with Shib.

(2) More substantially, suppose pubcookie were to move to become
SAML/Shibboleth-compatible. What would the result look like, what might
this imply for changes in current Shib design/implementation (or even
SAML).

We'll have H.323 set up, so if folks who otherwise wouldn't be interested
in the rest of the event wanted to participate in discussions of the above
items, we could accomodate that (though scheduling would be on rather
short notice at this point).

- RL "Bob"