perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Multiple questions

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Multiple questions

  • From: Louis-Berthier Soullière <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Multiple questions
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 20:16:41 +0000

Hi!

I did a bit of testing with two perfsonar server (same LAN) for the last 3 days and I came across some problems (and I'm gonna need your help to maintain my sanity)

Installed from : pS-Toolkit-4.1.6-CentOS7-FullInstall-x86_64-2019Feb20.iso on barebone servers.

I disabled all firewall and IPV6.

All service are in running state.

If I add a test to do a troughput task, it is added to the pending task and I can see it in the #pscheduler monitor / #pscheduler schedule, and I get the troughput result. If I remove the test (all of them for the purpose of the test), the task won't disappear and will continue to be schedule! *Even after a full reboot!

If a server push a task to another one, but that first server crash. How can you remove the task from the second server?

I tried to do a #pscheduler cancel and I got a "Connection aborted: Connection refused"

I frequently get an error when I save the test in the web-ui : ErrorCouldn't format pSConfig template file

I'm running Chrome 75.0.3770.100 (64 bits)

I tried to use the fonctionnality "Single-ended testing" with iperf and it's not fully working. The task run, iperf3 see the connection but result in this error :

iperf3: the client has unexpectedly closed the connection

#pscheduler troubleshoot 10.1.1.1

Performing basic troubleshooting of localhost and 10.1.1.1

localhost:

  Checking path MTU... 65535 (Local)

  Checking for pScheduler... OK.

  Checking clock... OK.

  Idle test.... 13 seconds.... Checking archiving... OK.

10.249.143.30:

  Checking path MTU... 1500+

  Checking for pScheduler... OK.

  Checking clock... Unsynchronized (Both UI tell me NTP synced OK, so WHY?)

  Idle test.... 13 seconds.... Checking archiving... OK.

localhost and 10.1.1.1:

  Checking path MTU... 1500+

  Checking timekeeping... OK.

  Simple stream test.... 13 seconds.... OK.

pScheduler on both hosts appears to be functioning normally.

Thanks!

Louis-Berthier Soullière

  • [perfsonar-user] Multiple questions, Louis-Berthier Soullière, 06/20/2019