perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] no /esmond/perfsonar/archives on central management host

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] no /esmond/perfsonar/archives on central management host

  • From: pete <>
  • To: Antoine Delvaux <>, perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] no /esmond/perfsonar/archives on central management host
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 18:56:01 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hey Antoine, That worked!! I had to set the default to openjdk-8, when I unstalled openjdk-9 it broke things.

However, I reinstalled openjdk-9, and did this:

# sudo update-alternatives --config java
There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Selection Path Priority Status
* 0 /usr/lib/jvm/java-9-openjdk-amd64/bin/java 1091 auto mode
1 /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java 1081 manual mode
2 /usr/lib/jvm/java-9-openjdk-amd64/bin/java 1091 manual mode

Press <enter> to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number: 1

Then cassandra started up.

By the way, I was playing with the CentOS 7 version today, and I noticed that firewalld is running by default on the central management bundle for CentOS 7. It is NOT on the debian/ubuntu central management bundle.

Would you be able to let them know that too please?

Thanks again!!!

Pete