perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] toolkit web ui troubleshooting

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] toolkit web ui troubleshooting

  • From: Jon Clausen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] toolkit web ui troubleshooting
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 13:38:22 +0200
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi

I'm working on this perfSONAR setup with 4 measurement nodes and a central
archive, and now I could use a couple of pointers.

The nodes are installed as CentOS7 with the personar-testpoint package added
(so, not installed from the 'toolkit' ISO) on physical machines with 1G
'management' NIC (ssh listens on this interface only) and a 10G interface
for measurements.

Each host has a dns name for the 1G interface and another for the 10G
interface, so the one int the danish datacenter is;
1g = dk-ore-pstp01.nordu.net
10G = dk-ore-pstp01-mi1.nordu.net

The nodes have this /etc/perfsonar/meshconfig-agent.conf
---
<mesh>
configuration_url https://psma.nordu.net/meshconfig/nordunet.json
</mesh>
configure_archives 1
---

The archive host is a VM, also installed from the CentOS7 media, with
perfSONAR erpo and software added post install.
Originally I had not installed the 'perfsonar-toolkit' package, because I
was under the impression that the measurement archive would 'work' without
it, and because I thought the dependencies brought in a number of
"undesirable" stuff.
After some time, I changed my mind and did install perfsonar-toolkit.

I have a 'nordunet-mesh.conf' which build_json happily transforms to:
https://psma.nordu.net/meshconfig/nordunet.json

The nodes are getting the config from the above URL and seem to be working
fine, but I'm not sure the MA is...

I *think* the 'mesh' described should result in measurements between all
four nodes, leading to a total of 12 entries on the 'toolkit' page:

https://psma.nordu.net/toolkit/

What I'm seeing, however, is just six and I am going to need help to
understand why :P

As I wrote in the other thread I'm a perfSONAR newbie, and there are huge
gaps in my "knowledge" at this point...

I went through the steps at
http://docs.perfsonar.net/troubleshooting_overview.html and verified that
the basic tests work between each node and the other three.
I have not (yet) disabled SELinux on the MA, since I figure that it would
prevent the web ui from working completely, not 'filter' what the ui shows.

My 'hunch' is that either the 'mesh' config does not describe what I want it
to, or the 'toolkit' ui config needs updating somehow - but I realise the
issue might well be something else entirely.

Of course I'll provide additional info as necessary, but at this point I
don't know what to look for...

Thanks in advance for any pointers
/jon