perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar and Raspberry Pi

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar and Raspberry Pi

  • From: "Kinkaid, Kyle" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSonar and Raspberry Pi
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 14:19:06 -0800
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi All,

For what it's worth, I'm working on a project to impliment perfSonar on Odroid C2s.  Odroid C2s are SBCs, similar to RPi3s (they use the same ARM processor) and have a GigE port (which can push a full gig).  We are having issues with perfSonar but it remains to be seen how much of that is caused by the hardware, how much is caused by our choice of OS (Ubuntu...not officially supported by perfSonar), and how much is caused by us just not getting the setup and config right.

I look forward to putting together a lessons learned after I get it working (or give up) for the community benefit.

So far, I've been impressed by the C2 hardware and although it's lacking in several places, the network performance on them has been quite good.

-Kyle