perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] shutdown -r fails

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] shutdown -r fails

  • From: Carlo Musante <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] shutdown -r fails
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 21:40:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:G8cd5xMoAOX+DN5eJJAl6mtUPXoX/o7sNwtQ0KIMzox0K/XyrarrMEGX3/hxlliBBdydsK0UzbeN+Pm9EUU7or+/81k6OKRWUBEEjchE1ycBO+WiTXPBEfjxciYhF95DXlI2t1uyMExSBdqsLwaK+i76vnYuHUC1LQdvKP/yHIfIytms2vqa+pvPbh9OiSbnJ75+MV/++R3crMcNho1rMOMs0RbTinpOZ+lMw250fxSekwuqtemq+5s22C1Kv/Vp0tNbWKPmcuxsRrVCCDMOLGkk4sCtuBXeG1jcrkAAW3kbx0IbSzPO6wv3C8/8
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Matt,

Last line in /var/log/messages during the shutdown is rsyslogd exiting on signal 15. Next line is rsyslogd starting back up during the reboot. Nothing jumps out as being abnormal during the shutdown sequences that are logged. I tried reboot –f and the result is the same. With –f it bypasses all the shutdown tasks and goes straight to a restart. Console displays “Restarting system.” And then it just locks up.  I am thinking that the signal to restart is not making it to the CPU.

I guess I can try to install on a similar and dissimilar computer to see what happens.

Other thoughts?

Thanks,

Carlo