perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Duplicate Rules in iptables

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Duplicate Rules in iptables

  • From: "Wussler, Doug" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Duplicate Rules in iptables
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 14:27:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

I’m a new admin for our PerfSONAR servers.  I have performed fresh installs of our servers from the perfsonar_toolkit ISO, version 3.5.1.
I see that iptables has 10 instances of rule: "-A INPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dports 22 -j f2b-sshd
and 11 instances of rule: "-A f2b-sshd -j RETURN"
I have not been able to find any info about the reason for these duplicates.

Do these multiple instances serve some sort of purpose or was it a mistake and can I remove them?

Doug

Doug Wussler

850.645.4201

Application Developer/Designer – Core Network Team

Information Technology Services

RK Shaw Building

644 W. Call Street

Tallahassee, FL  32304