perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Sysctl changed after an update

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Sysctl changed after an update

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Kevin Draai <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Sysctl changed after an update
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 06:21:15 -0700

Hi,

It is still the case that it should only be running on new install. My guess is the recent package name in 3.5.1 confused it and it thought it was a new install so they got applied (i.e. the package with the old perfSONAR_PS-Toolkit-sysctl was removed and the renamed perfsonar-toolkit-sysctl package was added). You should be good going forward. Your other option is to run one of our non-toolkit bundles like perfsonar-core (see http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_options.html) but you also lose the Web UI as well.