perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Recent perfsonar upgrade left out old ls_registration_daemon.conf values

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Recent perfsonar upgrade left out old ls_registration_daemon.conf values

  • From: Zhi-Wei Lu <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Recent perfsonar upgrade left out old ls_registration_daemon.conf values
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 19:41:06 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Hi all,

One of my coworker notified me this morning that on perfsonar webpage, organization and location were blank on the upgraded (3.5) sites.  It took me a bit to find the locations of the file.  I don’t know if anyone have posted this or not, I will just write something here for someone else to quickly fix the problem.

The old configuration file was at

/opt/perfsonar_ps/ls_registration_daemon/etc/ls_registration_daemon.conf

which was removed from the upgrade, I had to get a copy from backup.

The new configuration file is at

/etc/perfsonar/lsregistrationdaemon.conf

These values were not transferred over:

site_name   U.C.Davis

country   US

region   CA