perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] NDT systems requirements

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] NDT systems requirements

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: NULL <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] NDT systems requirements
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:15:59 -0600

Greetings;

We have a general statement on hardware support on perfSONAR located here:

http://www.perfsonar.net/deploy/hardware-selection/

In particular there are some actual examples here:

http://www.perfsonar.net/deploy/hardware-selection/deployment-examples/

The best location to see previous discussions on 10G support can be
found in our list archives:

https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/perfsonar-user

The question seems to come up every couple of months - in general pick a
card that works under CentOS 6 or the various flavors of Debian that
perfSONAR supports. 10G performance is becoming routine, but there are
always exceptions to that statement. Odds are that if you have heard of
the vendor before, and their stuff has a Linux driver, it will work out
pretty well.

Thanks;

-jason