perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Recent perfsonar upgrade left out old ls_registration_daemon.conf values

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Recent perfsonar upgrade left out old ls_registration_daemon.conf values

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Mark Foster <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Recent perfsonar upgrade left out old ls_registration_daemon.conf values
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 10:05:11 -0400

Hi,

Ugh I think there is an old script getting run by the RPM that does this. It actually takes at least one (and possibly a couple depending on your setup) updates of the perfsonar-toolkit package to manifest itself since the info may get restored later during the RPM process from old files. Unfortunately, once it’s lost it appears the only way to restore it is by manually adding it back like you did. The fact that it takes multiple updates caused it to slip through our testing. Working on a fix now and thanks for reporting. I apologize for the inconvenience, this is the type of thing we try really hard to prevent.

On March 22, 2016 at 6:46:30 PM, Mark Foster () wrote:

I experienced the same problem, and first noticed it Monday. I don't know when the info disappeared, since I don't frequently look at that info. Since I only have a few PS hosts, I just manually edited/saved the data through the GUI.

-- Mark